Every gift box / hamper will be delivered in our protective recycled packaging to ensure it arrives in the best possible condition. Our gift boxes / hampers are made to order by our dedicated team.
We ask our customers to confirm a preferred delivery date. Every attempt is made from The New Forest Hamper Company to ensure delivery is made on the requested day, however this is not a guaranteed date.
As we use an external delivery company, it is out of our hands if delivery is not made on the preferred date. We do advise the company of the preferred delivery date, and every effort is made to keep to this date.
It is not the responsibility of The New Forest Hamper Company Ltd to contact the recipient to arrange a date and time for deliveries. If a ‘sorry we missed you’ card has been received from the delivery company, please liaise directly with DPD to re-arrange a more suitable date/time for delivery. Full tracking information with the ability to designate ‘safe place’ deliveries and ‘change of address/date’ can be found on the information supplied at the time we book the service with DPD. Our customers/recipients receive this information as standard when an email address/mobile number is provided at the time of an order.
Delivery is based on a 24 hour Next Day service Tuesday to Friday for £12.95 for up to 10 kg, for additional weight above the 10 kg there is additional charge of £0.55 per kilo up to an additional 20 kg. No deliveries can be made on a Monday as DPD refuse to hold food items in their warehouses over weekends. An additional premium of £5.50 is charged for Saturday deliveries - for any specific time slot premium delivery services such as pre-midday etc. please ask us for further details as this can be accommodated. These charges are from DPD which we pass on to our customers with no margin.
We will deliver to the address as you enter it and cannot accept any liability for late or failed delivery if the quoted address is incorrect or incomplete. If you are not sure of the address we would recommend you check before proceeding with your order. An additional postage fee of £8.95 will be applicable if the item is returned due to the address being incorrect. Unfortunately you will not be entitled to a refund if this is an error on your part.
Please note that delivery dates may be affected by adverse weather conditions. While every attempt will be made to ensure the gift arrives on the preferred date, sometimes this may not be possible due to conditions beyond our control.
Delivery Destination Update from 1st January 2021
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to deliver any hampers to the following regions after 1st January 2021 due to new regulations which have brought in to force a new list of prohibited items when despatching to these regions. Unfortunately our lovely hamper products fall within the majority of prohibited items such as alcohol items; oils; cereal-based products; foods with animal origins etc.:
- North America
- Northern Ireland
- Republic of Ireland
- Channel Islands
Chilled Goods: Cheese & Clotted Cream
We are happy to included cheese and clotted cream in hampers that are couriered. The DPD service we use is a 24 hour service but there are occasional delays.
All cheeses and perishables are packed and wrapped individually and with coolpacks to maintain a cool temperature during 24 hour transit. Our hamper boxes are labelled externally with "Chilled Goods" labels and DPD yellow labels that highlight food contents.
If a hamper is delayed in transit this is not the responsibility of The New Forest Hamper Company. Once a hamper leaves our premises safely packaged we have no control over any events/delays incurred by DPD. However we are happy to offer advice to customers regarding any items contained within the hampers if a delay occurs, but will not be held liable if this advice is not adhered to.
Unforeseen circumstances & delays
While every effort will be made to meet customers’ orders/requests, cancellations or variations may be necessary as a result of an act of God, war, strike, lockout, labour dispute, pandemic, fire, flood, severe weather or other causes beyond the control of The New Forest Hamper Company.
Returns due to unsuccessful delivery attempts
We cannot accept responsibility for a wrong order or non-delivery, resulting from incorrect information or incorrect addresses being provided. If goods are returned to us via the courier following unsuccessful delivery attempts, refunds will not be given. In these circumstances the customers may request for the goods to be re-sent. This would incur the standard delivery charge. If a hamper is damaged in transit to the recipient and fails to arrive, we will notify the customer and send out a replacement hamper as soon as possible or offer a full refund according to the circumstances.
When and where we deliver to
Next day delivery:
- Hampers can be delivered Tuesday to Friday, (DPD collect from us Monday to Thursday)
- No deliveries on Mondays due to our Food Safety policies - we don't allow hampers to sit in a courier warehouse/depot over the weekend.
- Delivery cost is included in the Gift Collection Hamper prices but for the "create-your-own" bespoke hampers, the relevant delivery charge will be added to your basket as you shop.
- Hampers can be delivered Saturday, (collected from us Friday). If the parcel cannot be delivered it will go back out on Monday the following week. However please note our policy re any chilled items the hamper may contain.
- If Saturday Delivery is selected, then an additional charge of £5.50 will appear in the shopping basket with the hamper it is linked to. Saturday delivery is not available for Highlands and Islands.
Highlands and Islands:
- There is no Next Day service to the Highlands and Islands, it is 48 hours service only
- Deliveries can be made on Wednesday to Friday, (collected from us Monday to Wednesday.
- Highlands and IOW there will be an additional £5.00 charge for the following postcodes, AB36-AB38, AB55-AB56, PA21-PA40, FK17-FK21, IV1-IV39, IV52-IV54, IV63, KW1-KW14, PH19-PH26, PH30-PH41, PH49-PH50, PO30-PO41
- Small islands such as the Isle of Man there will be an additional £8 charge for the following postcodes HS1-HS9, IV40-IV50, IV55-IV56, KA27-KA28, KW15-KW17, ZE1-ZE3, IM1-IM9, IM86, IM87, IM99, PA20, PA41-PA49, PA60-PA78, PH42-PH44, TR21-TR25
Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, European & Overseas deliveries
We currently are unable to offer delivery of any of our hampers to the above locations. Following 1st January 2021 and the U.K. exit of the European Union, with new regulations now in force designating a comprehensive list of food and drink products as prohibited items, we are sadly now unable to despatch to these regions.
PO Box Deliveries
We are unable to deliver to PO boxes.